Monday, November 12, 2007

Nashville Veterans Day Parade

Today, I was moved to tears of gratitude as I watched the Veteran's Day parade here in downtown Nashville.



The thundering drums from the marching band echoed patriotic songs off the buildings, stirring emotions deep down inside me of those I know, including my son Gary in the Air Force. I don't pretend to fully comprehend the fullness of the sacrifice and hardships they endure so that I can be free.



I celebrated with those around me as applause and salutes were lavishly being given to our brave men and women of service who fought for our freedom.



These veterans were enthustically chanting, "USA! USA!"



Everyday, I'm giving honor and thanksgiving to those who have served - and who are currently serving - our country’s armed forces. I can't wait to have you all home soon.



More Nashville Veterans Day Parade Photos at the WonderDawg Flickr.

No comments: