Saturday, December 30, 2006

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt - New


Photo Hunt 39: New

Theme: New | Join the Photo Hunt | View Blogroll | Visit participants.

2006 is closing out - out with the OLD, in with the NEW!



I've had these three wise monkeys for many years and this past month, we recieved this Christmas ornament of these snowmen - “see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.” Might be wise to live this way in 2007, but I then thought wait, do I live in a cave or hide my head in the sand in order to “see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil?"

I turn to Wikipedia for some insight on the phrase:

Just as there is disagreement about the origin of the phrase, there are differing explanations of the meaning of “see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.” Some contend that it is a proverb serving as a reminder not to be so snoopy, so nosy, and so gossipy. Others say that it is a warning to stay away from places where immoral acts are taking place. Whatever the origin and meaning of “see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil,” it is one of the most visual phrases in existence. For many it is difficult, especially in the western world, to not visually associate The Three Wise Monkeys with the mentioned phrase.

And a Scripture comes to mind: 2 Corinthians 5:11-21 (Text: v.17)

"...Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new..."

Rather than turn a blind eye to a need in someone's life or avoid immorality in my life, as a Christian (NOT a religious person - there's a difference!) I'm compelled to extend grace, kindness compassion and mercy to wherever I see evil at work, whether it's defined as injustice or oppression.

Just as "His mercies are NEW every morning" for me, may 2007 bring NEW opportunities to "do good to all men" by caring versus turning away. That's my prayer.

Happy NEW Year!

xxx

I joined the Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt hosted by TN Chick. You too can play: Join the Photo Hunt There's a different theme every Saturday, and it's a lot of fun visiting the community of participants.

3 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I really like these!!

Happy New Year.
Mine's posted

Unknown said...

How cute are those??!!
Mine is up.

-tnchick- said...

Wow, I've never saw any snowmen like that!! Isn't that a great find!