Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Voice of Reason has spoken

Winter is setting in, and I tend to get cabin fever from being cooped up with no activity to unleash my nervous energy. Now I love working from home and being totally focused on my work in front of the iMac making changes to our company website. We got a great creative team and database pros who really know how to make this site sizzle. I just try not to muck it up.

Other than clicking the mouse and eating bbq among other things, I like to build stuff with power tools that involves woodworking -- building furniture, fancy dog houses, handyman stuff. So when I saw this Scrabble project from Make Magazine, I said to myself, "I can do this!"



I even went on eBay to search for Scrabble tiles. Apparently, people use Scrabble tiles for scrapbooking.

I not a fan of scrapbooking and all the doodads that go with it - heck, I'm not even fond of Scrabble. (my family is!)

So, I asked Mrs. WonderDawg about making a coffee table out of Scrabble tiles.

"Are you nuts?"

"Why?"

"Well, I saw a picture..."

"What are you going to do with it? It may look good maybe in a kid's game room..."

"Why don't you build a table with marble tiles so that it can go outside in the weather?"


The Voice of Reason has spoken.

Tomorrow, I'll ask Mrs. WonderDawg about making a outside table out of tiles.



Like Chrissy Mitchell does. I'm so inspired. Because Mrs. WonderDawg will say, "Go right away - just keep the noise down."

No comments: