Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Suzy Kolber as a reference

I like watching lots of NFL football. Even this past Monday night as my Dallas Cowboys got slaughted by the Giants. Now I've learned to hang tight with my Cowboys since 1965 through the good times and bad times while enjoying the multitude of Super Bowls wins.

Even Super Bowl XXVII (1993), when the 'Boys where laying the wood on the Buffalo Bills 52 - 17, I can recall throwing up my hands in sheer joy, signaling "TOUCHDOWN!" while accidently bruising my right hand against the wall. Yes, the pain of winning.

Anyhoo, I just don't get having three commentators in the booth especially this year's ESPN version of Monday Night Football - Mike Turico is ok, Joe Theisman talks too much and Tony Kornheiser reminds me of the guy in jr. high school who sits behind you and jabs you with his pencil. Enough!

However, Suzy Kolber is so cool -



...she knows her sports, is a seasoned reporter, well prepared and she always has nothing but nice things to say when telling anecdotical stories about players. Since Suzy is single, she'll be perfect for my blog friend Big Orange Michael, but alas, he is a Washington Redskins fan.

If I ever needed a spokesperson to recite a character reference on my behalf, then Suzy is the person. The girl is so upbeat! I find her to be very professional in her reporting, without being snarky or crass. She would be awesome in the announcing booth - I wouldn't be surprised if she winds up doing color announcing sooner than later.

Joe Namath likes Suzy too. Click here for the clip.

1 comment:

Michael Hickerson said...

I don't see how my being a Redskins fan means I can't have a dream date with Suzy...LOL