Sunday, October 22, 2006

Stop laughing at me - I've gone retro...

A lot of folks outside of my Nashville Palm User's Group geek crowd give me the gentle jabbing about using my Bluetooth Treo Wireless Headset:



I was never a Star Trek fan anyways, so references to those characters don't faze me. Besides, it's the perfect device to use while driving, so at least I got two hands on the wheel (most of the time). My Palm friend Michael Ashby showed me how to pair the headset while using Skype on my iMac through the Bluetooth preference menu (upper right corner on the iMac). So when a call comes in from a client in Africa, Japan or England, the Treo headset is perfect - reach, place on ear and talk away.

Well, I'm going retro with the latest in technology / oldest in style? with the ThinkGeek Bluetooth Retro Handset. "Something with heft and that good-old-American solid construction feel - like a 1972 Cadillac."



Should be here in a couple of days and I can't wait to try it out. Don't have Bluetooth on your phone? Try the Retro Phone Handset from ThinkGeek.

"The Retro Phone Handset is a new production replica of the Western Electric 500-series model, which was the classic phone handset for several decades. It's been slightly modified to work with the headset jack of most cell phones (or via a "hands free" adapter kit, sold elsewhere). Just plug-in and dial - or for added effect, put your cell phone in your pant's pocket - then it looks like you're talking on a phone connected to... well, who knows?"



Oh by the way - here's the Nashville Palm User's Group geek crowd - don't laugh! Somebody won a new Treo 650, PalmLifeDrive and a T5 PDA. Don't hate the players; hug a geek today.

No comments: