Sunday, April 27, 2008

New Orleans Bound

I'm heading to New Orleans for a couple days of work - My peer promised to take me to the Ninth Ward for a tour. I haven't been to the Crescent City since 1996 since the Promise Keepers Men's Conference at the Superdome.

I'm not a big fan of the French Quarter or MardiGras; I'm more interested in talking to the residents how they have coped in the midst of challenges of piecing their lives back together.

100_0682

I'm wondering how the rebuilding process is moving along; the relief work I was part of during the Hurricane Rita damage while in Sulphur, LA for TN Baptist Disaster Relief trip Oct 11-15, 2005 was a life changer for me - especially how one person can make a difference versus sitting on a couch or a pew.

Photos of Chainsaw Relief Crew at Work

No comments: