Friday, June 29, 2007

iPhone - the midnight hour

Listen - do you hear what I hear?

It's the sound of iPhones activating and syncing through iTunes across this great land.

What a Country!

I went over to the Apple store to do a final wrap up around 11 pm and got to spend some quality time on the iPhone. With a pretty impressive user interface, it works as advertised. I wish I could have taken some photos, but none were allowed in the store.

All of the 8GB flash drive models were sold out, leaving just the 4GB available. Still a few buyers were walking out having purchased the shrink wrapped boxes in a black heavy stock paper gift bag.


(photo courtesy of ThinkSecret)

First chance you get, I would advise spending some time with the iPhone. And while you're there, soak up the customer experience - from the instore signage, window displays, and Apple staff to the online Apple tutorials, I have never seen a greater marketing and merchandising case study.

---

If you prefer visiting the AT&T store, go tribal like the apes approaching the mysterious black monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey.



---

I'm curious how Allen, Kavasia and Taylor fared in the sun at the Cingular store...



Allen arrived at 10 pm Thursday night (he's calling his mom and dad for his 1st iPhone call)...



Kavasia is being paid to wait in line ...



Taylor who not only thinks the iPhone is "AWESOME!" especially compared to her current Motorola Silvr, is planning on calling her boyfriend. But she assured me that he is not getting the iPhone. Smart girl - make him wait in line!

---

This morning I wanted to meet the last person in line - who happened to be #48 at the time - mDave - (a local blogger at NashvilleFeed.com!) mDave took the time to live blog the launch day seen here leaning up against the Cingular kiosk.



Check out his play by play commentary... Good stuff.

___

My Palm Treo friend Mashby was over at the Hickory Hollow Mall AT&T store and files this report:



Seems they [the Hickory Hollow mall security] don't allow photos to be taken in the mall and I was warned not to take anymore. :-)

Anyway, there were about 20 people there at 4:14pm and the store was set to close at 4:30 pm. The staff looked like they were preparing for an occupation.




--

I'd like to send a big shout out to Chris Mohney at Gridskipper for the honor of representing Nashville as #12 of 20 cities on the coast to coast coverage.

--

To my writing buddies over at GearDiary, I am thrilled that you were scoring your iPhones! Congrats to Doug, Vincent, Mike and Matt - let's see those unboxing photos soon!

--

And to wrap things up, all I have in my hands iPhone wise to enjoy are my color PDF printouts - and be a pretender...

But the team over at Think Secret have disassembled a fresh iPhone and have posted a gallery of photos - ENJOY!



Good night to all!

No comments: