Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Blessing Indeed - Art in Motion



I was heading home tonight after getting a haircut to prep for some meetings and potential job interviews for Wednesday. A whole lot was on my mind as I was driving down West End Avenue when to my right in the shadows of a strip mall I saw a lady painting away with her easel set up on the sidewalk.

Curious, I made the long six around the block loop to check it out. I'm glad I did, as I met Peggy Ann Snow putting the final touches on her painting of Vandyland a "counter-and-booth sweet shop near Vanderbilt University". which I think is out of business - not sure.

Nonetheless, Ms. Snow was absolutely gracious in letting me take photos as she was finishing her painting. She showed me a photo of a painting of a house on Acklen Avenue....



and was anticipating having her paintings on exhibit soon at the Tin Angel Restaurant down the street.

I asked for permission to blog about meeting her and after swapping business cards, she blessed me with a print of the old Jackson Building where Walgreens now sits at the corner of Blakemore and West End.

She definately added some culture to West End Avenue and I enjoyed the conversation - it was precisely what I needed to lift my spirits while enjoying the company of a stranger - or maybe I was being entertained by an angel.

1 comment:

Holiday Grinch said...

I love her style...and hope that's not underwear on her head.
Good luck with the interview!