Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Day 10 of 365 photos in 2007...



Day 10 of 365 photos in 2007... photojournaling my way thru 2007!

Today was one of those day that I could have sat in my jammies all day... Thanks to Apple's announcement of the iPhone, I've been scouring the web and talking to my peers in the smartphone space about the impact and innovation packed into this announced beautiful piece of hardware due out in June... while seeing if Palm responds by marrying the under acheiving LifeDrive with the Palm Treo that I'm holding in my hand.

Being in the business, I'm doing the competitive analysis while asking is it just an iPod with a phone built in? Or has Apple created a smartphone that sets the bar of innovation so high that handset manufacturers let alone software developers are scrambling to innovate at a furious pace. Processor speeds, battery life, 3rd party apps... there's so much to process and speculate on, but nonetheless, I'm on board with procuring an Apple iPhone. Thankfully, I'm on Cingular... while seeing how a unreleased product affects the overall competition by either stalling sales or accelerating rapid innovation by particularly by Palm and Windows Mobile powered smartphones.

See the rest of the daily series archived at WonderDawg365

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apple will always be apple. It was genuis what they did breaking in millions of people on a small piece of their OS but they where about 4 years to slow to hit the market as Windows has been on handhelds for years.

The one big issue I have are the buttons or lack there of. I would be interested in how usable the punch screen is being that buttons have to be bigger to allow for cleaner use but the bigger buttons take up screen space. On the other hand the bigger screen overcomes my biggest issue with the functionality of handheld devices which is screen resolution and size. go ahead and pick one up Kerry and let me know if it is worth the money!!