Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Oh my... ironic

An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
And isn't it ironic... don't you think

- ALANIS MORISSETTE

Except the old man turned forty three -

Ralph Stebbins and his wife, Mary, had big plans for the $208-million Mega Millions lottery jackpot they won in April 2005.

Buy a farm. Buy a cow.

But after less than a year of incredible wealth -- taking home a $124.7-million lump-sum payment -- Ralph Stebbins has died at age 43.


Paul Dennis Reid finally has his appeals denied by the Tennessee State Supreme Court with his execution date set for January 3, 2008 (NOT 2007).

He received seven death sentences. In Nashville, he was convicted of the execution-style murders of three Nashville McDonald’s employees who were shot to death after being forced to lie face down on the floor. Source - The Tennessean

Yet in Iraq, former dictator Saddam Hussein is sentenced to die within 30 days...

Dufar, poverty, abortion, lost jobs and another clerk shot in a robbery... I just don't understand or rather I can't wrap my head around the news of the day and the wickedness that abounds everywhere I look...

Every year, I use the days between Christmas and New Year's Day to get a vision of how I can make a difference in this world one life at a time, but I need a new vision and new passion with more vigor to do so...

Life - ain't it ironic indeed...

No comments: