Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Cabin Fever

On days like today when it's too cold outside, I get really itchy to build something out of wood to knock off the winter cabin fever. Next year when spring fever breaks out, I'm building a shed. My neighbor and I went down to the country to visit some folks we know and I was inspired.





What I want for Christmas (and it's on the way) is a power nailer, the kind that hooks up to a compressor. Meanwhile, I'll just go wander around Lowe's to get out of the house.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Good idea.

We have one of the few houses in our neighborhood with a garage (ours is detached). Santa brought CB a kerosene heater for out there a couple of years ago so he can work on his boat all year round.

Not only does it give him something to do and somewhere to go when we're homebound, but it gives me the house to myself. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

So yeah, the shed is a good idea.

Lynnster said...

That top one's a shed? Shoot, I could practically live in that...

Kerry Woo said...

The top one was actually an old slave's quarters. It's used now for songwriting inspiration...

Jag, every guy needs his own personal Santa workshop... with a big screen TV and woodworking tools. Ahhhhhhhhhh indeed!