Friday, October 20, 2006

West Nashville's Nashville West

Living in the West Meade area of Nashville, I get to see the daily progress of the new $120 million retail development called Nashville West.

I'm seeing Costco rapidly coming to completion in time for a November 15th opening...



Road widening of Charlotte Pike is underway with the relocation of utility lines and soon, Brook Hollow Road will be widen for turning lanes. The concrete walls of the storefronts are up as well.



What I'm excited about is the integration of a "interactive park environment with significant green space for recreation or leisure use as well as acommunity local for organized sporting, theatrical or musical events." The development promises to be unlike anything that Nashville already has in place with the big enclosed malls.



What West Nashvillians are craving for are quality restaurants... the only rumor I've heard thus far is Olive Garden and that McDonalds will rebuild at their present location.

Stores? Best Buy, Staples, Pass Pets by the existing Firestone store as part of a strip center by Costco. Publix supposively pulled out.

Along the Charlotte Park development, my understanding from various sources: Super Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, Old Navy, Ross Dress for Less, Cost Plus World Market, Linens 'n' Things...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, WonderDawg. Your neighbors in Sylvan Park have been pretty curious about this one, too.

I'm excited about the Old Navy and the Best Buy, and I'm still seriously questioning the Target. I love Target, but do we need another one so close?

Kerry Woo said...

Thanks Rob for stopping by - When I worked in Raleigh, the Super Target Greatland was very large like a Super Walmart with a full blown grocery store and wine store.

I wonder the same, but the White Bridge location pales in comparison to what I've seen. I guess the same questioning goes for WalGreens - it's all about market share against WalMart, I suppose.

I trust that Bellevue and West Nashville can support the new Target; and Sylvan Park / West End can support the White Bridge location.