Monday, August 28, 2006

Remembering Katrina



I photographed this Catholic Church outside of Sulphur, La - for me it serves as a memory of lives that could have been spared had leadership been present.

"Imagine that more than half of all the homes in your city were destroyed. Moldering, decaying. Imagine that all the friends and neighbors that lived in those homes were scattered across thousands of miles. Imagine all the history of your life, your family's life, the culture that you breathed in, muddied and torn.

You'd be depressed right? Sad? Stressed? Maybe even suicidal? I would be. I'm thousands of miles away, and I am."
- clayton james cubitt's Operation Eden

Hurricane Katrina: What went wrong
A perfect storm of factors contributed to the unprecedented U.S. disaster

No comments: