Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday Flashback "Hands"

Thanks to YouTUBE, I'm going to post a music video every Friday... just for kicks.

Here's Jewel "Hands"

"Jewel is noted for her songs' qualities of stark honesty and soulful introspection. Her songs resist categorization, but, because of their mostly guitar accompaniment, have sometimes been categorized as folk music or the hybrid class folk-pop."

If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all OK
And not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful
And useless in times like these
I won't be made useless
I won't be idle with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
For light does the darkness most fear
My hands are small, I know
But they're not yours, they are my own
But they're not yours, they are my own
And I am never broken

From the abum Spirit, (November 1998) The album peaked at #3 on the Billboard 200 and sold over 4 million copies in the US. The songs "Hands" and "Down So Long" hit the Top 10.



(Note: since the video takes a while to load based on your bandwidth, just hit play, then pause... while the video buffer gets full.)

Jewel Web Site

Source: Wikipedia: Jewel

No comments: