Friday, February 24, 2006

My brush with greatness!



Giving honor where honor is due...

While at Shoney's getting some onion rings to go, I bumped into former Tennessee (D) Senator Jim Sasser getting a cup of coffee to go.

So we're both hanging around the front counter. Being the friendly relational guy that I am, I shook his hand, tried to make small talk. He wasn't into it. Sasser went on to serve as ambassador to China, so I guess he just wasn't in the mood to talk to any Chinese guys at that particular moment.

Jokingly, I asked if it was true he was running for Mayor of Nashville.

End of conversation. (He was cordial).

Thus concludes my brush with greatness.

And a blog posting on politics.

Which I mandated that I would never do on this blog.

Like eating at Shoneys.

No comments: