Monday, September 26, 2005

Sharon Cobb and prayer

Since my return to Nashville, I'm fortunate to be part of the vibrant local blogging community in which resides great diversity, interests and yes, strong opinions. I confess that I've never been one to hang with liberal bloggers as most are just insane in their approach to garner a listening ear. However, one "liberal" blogger that I come to appreciate is Sharon Cobb. Her blog was featured on day 10 of my journey to visit 100 blogs in 100 days.

Sharon comments, "Thanks for visiting my blog. I think I am actually harder on liberals than I am on conservatives...and I'm a liberal. One thing I've noticed since I started blogging, and that is other than the obvious, there is no difference between the far left and the far right. There is much more we can accomplish if we focus on the things we agree on, and agree to disagree in a civilized manner when we can't. "

Now at this time, as a community of bloggers, we need to set aside our differences and focus on Sharon' time of need - Please keep Sharon in your prayers as she goes into surgery for ovarian cancer this morning.

As a Christian, I offer up a simple prayer on behalf of Sharon - will you agree with me in prayer as well? - "Heavenly Father, I entrust Sharon to your care this day; guide with wisdom and skill the minds and hands of the medical people caring for her, and grant that every cause of illness be removed, that she may be restored to soundness of health. Lavish your grace, mercy and loving kindness upon her, meet every financial need and restore her to perfection. Through Jesus Christ. Amen."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ses lette trou de cul