Friday, September 09, 2005

The people of New Orleans...



Christy, one of my fellow bloggers from Chapel Hill, NC provides a face to face, shoulder to shoulder glimpse into the hearts of people she met in New Orleans...

I was in New Orleans 43 days ago. I had such mixed feeling about the Big Easy. I puzzled the fact that a whole southern economy could be based on nudie bars, alcohol, and t-shirts with the F- word, but not sweet tea. I was overwhelmed that so many older people had service jobs, and many of them looked as though they were homeless. And I was surprised that such a huge portion of its population was black, -that says a lot coming from someone who grew up in Flint, MI

While I was so over the heat, and whole Bourbon Street experience, I fell in love with the food, the history, the music, and most of all the people. Heidi and I met or encountered so many people in New Orleans who captured a tiny piece of my heart...

Read the rest here: deep thoughts and random ramblings

Photo source: Hibblen Radio

1 comment:

merrill5 said...

Wow Kerry! I've never been quoted before! Thanks for the props!
christy elaine