Monday, September 19, 2005

I sung it my waaaay



Over at one of my favorite local blogs Tangled Up In Blue, I have been invited to be a guest blogger - probably because I am the oldest person... and the only conservative. But that's ok, because we can lay aside our politics to blog with other lovers of music. It's a known fact that music smoothes the savage beast in all of us.

I just started a thread on cover songs - and my top ten songs are:

  1. All Along the Watchtower (Bob Dylan) by JimiHendrix
  2. Black Magic Woman (Fleetwood Mac) by Santana
  3. Crossroads (Robert Johnson) by Cream
  4. Feelin' Alright (Traffic) by Joe Cocker
  5. The First Cut Is the Deepest (Cat Stevens) by Rod Stewart
  6. I Heard It Through the Grapevine (Smokey Robinson) by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  7. Stop Your Sobbing (Kinks) by The Pretenders
  8. Summertime Blues (Eddie Cochran) by The Who
  9. Take Me to the River (Al Green) by the Talking Heads
  10. You Really Got Me (Kinks) by Van Halen

TUIB was started by Glen Dean - if you love music, check out the engaging Tangled Up In Blue and have some musical flashbacks - the comments are fun to read as well. Thanks Glen for the invite to guest blog (I hope I pass the audition...)

Photo source

1 comment:

John H said...

Hey Kerry - unless you are older than 53, you ain't the oldest!

Concerning politics, the founder of TUIB, Glen can be certainly considered a conservative (with a twist of libertarianism) and Katherine Coble identifies herself as a conservative.

You aren't alone in there!