Thursday, April 21, 2005

Tools for recording your ideas


Palm Tungsten E Posted by Hello

Ten power tools for recording your best ideas

Do you have a method or strategy for recording ideas when they occur to you? If not, you should. Ideas tend to be fleeting creatures, bubbling up from your subconscious mind without warning, and then disappearing just as quickly -- perhaps never to be recalled again.

Chuck Frey writes a good article Tools for recording your ideas - from InnovationTools.com in which he encourages you to try as many of these techniques (with pros and cons) as you can, determine which ones are the best fit with your work style, and retain them as part of your creative repertoire.

As for me, I prefer several tools - my Palm Powered Tungsten E that carries my electronic Bibles and contacts and Tapwave Zodiac 2 for games, a few tunes and a mini library of 50 eBooks; my trusty, don't leave home without it Hipster PDA; stacks of index cards everywhere in my house and notebooks with plenty of roller pens in coffee mugs.

Now if I can only learn to type beyond three fingers and master shorthand, I'll be in great shape!

No comments: