Friday, March 25, 2005

When He Was On The Cross, You Were On His Mind




This is Good Friday and it is the moment that the entire Universe watched its Creator being Crucified. As a child I was confused as to why someone would call the day that Jesus died a “Good Friday.” It wasn’t until years later that I fully understood just how Good this day was.

That Cross that He picked up was really made for me. Jesus Christ loved me so much that He willingly died in my place and freed me from the Eternal Death Grip of Sin. Why would He do this? He saw some value in me that I obviously cannot see in my own self. No one would die for something worthless. This true story drives that truth home.

A gem dealer was strolling the aisles at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show when he noticed a blue-violet stone the size and shape of a potato. He looked it over, then, as calmly as possible, asked the vendor, "You want $15 for this?" The seller, realizing the rock wasn’t as pretty as others in the bin, lowered the price to $10. The stone has since been certified as a 1,905-carat natural star sapphire, about 800 carats larger than the largest stone of its kind. It was appraised at $2.28 million.

It took a lover of stones to recognize the sapphire’s worth. It took the Lover of Souls to recognize the true value of ordinary-looking people like us. This is what makes this Friday so GOOD! We are reminded of how valuable we are to God. The only difference is that He wanted to pay the premium price of His only begotten Son to purchase us.

Thank God! You and I were worth more than $10.00 to Him!!! Today I hope that you’ll reflect on the obvious worth that you are to God the Father. Rejoice in that amazing love that was displayed on the Cross to redeem your life from eternal death and destruction.

You are one of a kind, and I heard the Father saying to me this morning to tell you that He is preparing to put you on display. He has had to grind you down a little, knock some things off of you that didn’t look like Him, and oh that buffing process, lots of friction has been required to get His Shine on you! But you are nearing the moment that you’ve been Dreaming about for and that He has been waiting patiently for!

- Pastor Danny Chambers, Oasis Worship Centre
http://www.oasisworship.com/

May the above e-Word encourage you as it did for me on this Good Friday -
Blessings - Kerry

No comments: