Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What is in box # 89?

I saw a USB turntable the other day; at $100.00 I thought the included stylus would gouge the vinyl. Back in the seventies, a Stanton or Shure stylus use to cost plenty... Anyway, I went up to my attic to retrive the two or three turntables I have, but I came across some promotional record company stuff I found in box # 89.

Ahhh... the memories from the seventies / eighties - my old Warner Bros. Records marketing days - to justify / rationalize why is is never prudent to throw ANYTHING away. It's a Chinese thing I'm told repeatedly. You just have to be Chinese to understand where I'm coming from.



Top, clockwise: Talking Heads medical wristbands, a clever way to promote the album; I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand; ELO patch that I'm sending off to my dear friend in Texas; Blues Brothers pin - they were awesome in Memphis - I must find that picture of me in the Bluesmobile; Ahh yes, backstage with Bob Marley at Vandy Memorial Gym - never seen a basketball game there, but plenty of concerts; Shake It Up pin from The Cars (is Todd Rundgren part of the NEW CARS?) and yes, at one time my party affiliation was Funkadelic - One Nation Under A Groove ( I was Getting Down Just for the Funk of It !)



And a colored vinyl 45 from Kraftwerk - "Pocket Calculator". Great techno music to geek / drone by. A better selection is "Computer Love" which I know I have in my LP section (which is why I'm looking for my turntable).

Somewhere in the world somebody has the original art from the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.



I have a promotional meet the rutles 2 x 2 cover as a poor substitute.

No comments: