Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Revived and refreshed after lunch

I've been struggling with the sleepies after eating lunch... after a good meal, I sit back at the desk in front of the PC and then my eyelids get heavy... yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking (not everybody is round eyed), but when the sun starts beating in through the windows and I hear the clickity clack of the trains on the tracks blowing its lonesome whistle, it's all I can do to keep my head from smacking the wooden desk.

Getting up and walking around seems to help - so today, I thought I would eat a Smart Meal, and head outside with my camera to do a little photoblogging. The wind was blowing hard and I was watching these guys struggling to place these banners up....



One banner flew off the pole to the parking lot below, and being a good guy, I asked if I could go fetch it for him.

"Dude, if you go get it, you can have it... There's no way I'm walking down there to get it!"

He was right - it was the equivalent of walking four long blocks to retrive the banner, although we we looking straight down at it.

Anyhoo, I have a CMA Fest banner to throw in my garage. Might fetch ten cents in my estate sale fifty years from now.

Feeling energized of trotting four long blocks retrieving a CMA Fest banner made me feel... GOOD.

The kicker is, I had another forty minutes or so on my lunch break, so I headed toward the Frist Center for the Visual Arts toward Broadway when I saw another banner: "First Tennessee Free Day at the Frist"

First Tennessee Bank was offering free admission!



My mind was blown, as I took in some Matisse, Picasso, and the School of Paris. Upstairs in another gallery: Brushed with Light: Masters of American Watercolor from the Brooklyn Museum and my favorite:



Hiraki Sawa - Going Places Sitting Down.

I was memerized as I saturated my mind with brushstrokes from the masters and totally unplugged from the internet. A big smile and a warm glow filled my spirit as I simply felt creativity flow through my brain as I physically sat and enjoyed every minute I spent at the Frist.

When I got back to the office, I felt refreshed and energized. I found my solution to the lunchtime sleepies: eat semi-light (I'm working on it!), walk, shoot a few photos and enjoy some art and unplug from the internet.

Cool. Very cool.

No comments: