Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Gear Diary

Hi boys and girls, let me letcha in on a secret - I've joined the writing team over at Gear Diary, a website created by Judie Hughes



"Everyone can understand technology; sometimes it just takes a little translating."

Judie's goal with Gear Diary is to give us on the writing team (Kelly, Allen, Larry, Doug, Mitchell, Jerry, Chris and myself) all the chance to write about what’s on our mind in addition to the reviews past, present and future. Gear Diary doesn't seek to emulate other sites – but rather forge something unique, something that isn’t easily pigeonholed. Yes, Gear Diary will cover mobility devices, but will also cover off the wall topics, toys, appliances, watches, knives, tools – the thought is that if it interests one of us on the writing team, someone else will find it interesting, too.

My first posting was sharing about pimping an old Macintosh into a MacAquarium. Later, I'll write about topics like camping out for three days at the Cingular store waiting for an iPhone (maybe), schwag, the upcoming SlingBox player for the PalmOS, camera accessories, giftcards, mini-bulldozers... who knows... most likely anything that has an electrical plug attached or is wireless is a candidate for some late night hands on review.

For those who know me well, it's a given that I can’t stand to throw anything away. My parents were packrats; maybe one of my misguided goals in life should I become famous or win the lottery, is having a WonderDawg Museum of Music, Schwag and Gadgets to serve as a repository of cardboard boxes containing artifacts of life before the dawn of digital such as several thousand LPs, old Macs, electronics and promotional items from the sixties, seventies and eighties. Otherwise, excellent yard sale stuff.

Stop by and check it out the Gear Diary... I honored to be a part of Judie's vision and the writing team!

3 comments:

Kathy T. said...

You run intellectual circles around me. I feel so inadequate. ;)

Kerry Woo said...

Kathy you're very kind... but I wish I could write like you in your Wrinkle Series!

Kathy T. said...

Why thank you... I'm thinking that I need to get back to it. Let's talk one of these days.