Thursday, December 07, 2006

Tommy turns 57?

Rex Camino, one of our Nashville bloggers wrote a headline - "Tommy turns 57" that had my head spinning to do the math... 2006 minus 57 equals ... what ??? 1949 ?

I was thinking about the Tommy album by The Who... released in 1969 (37 years ago).



What a great album - ranks right up there second only to The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper, Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and Cat Stevens' Tea For the Tillerman as one of those defining moments in rock 'n' roll history. At least for me living in that particular time warp of great and creative expression of music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Tommy. I saw the film on late-night TV when I was still very young (under 10) bought the album shortly after. My tastes grew very broad and varied, but that album and Quadrophenia as well very much shaped what my tastes in music became.