Sunday, November 05, 2006

idiom & idiot

From the Free Dictionary: Pride comes before a fall.

Something that you say which means if you are too confident about yourself, something bad will happen to show you that you are not as good as you think you are. Just because you did well in your exams doesn't mean you can stop working. Pride comes before a fall.

The above is a idiom.

I made a friendly wager with Big Orange Michael with his beloved Redskins versus my Cowboys.

I look like an idiot.

2 comments:

Michael Hickerson said...

Don't feel foolish, sir. It was probably the game of the day. Sometimes these things happen in big rivallry games.

That said, I'm just glad the Skins could pull out the wild finish.

Anonymous said...

Nice idiom!

Hey, if you're into idioms, I have the right website for you, http://idiomidiot.com!

There's a forum page where you can post your favorite idioms, like the one you have here in your blog!