Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween, here we come!

I don't know what has gotten into me this Halloween, but I'm looking forward to having the neighborhood kids stop by with their Trick or Treating. We have been living in this West Meade neighborhood for 22 years now and have seen the old timers move on to Florida or into condos. We're happy to see young families move in while getting a chance to say hi to the parents, and take some pictures when their kids show up at Halloween.

Every year, Mrs. WonderDawg takes great care in assembling fun goodies bags. Besides the candy, she ALWAYS includes "schwag" like toys, fake buck teeth, eyeglasses, PlayDoh, stickers, etc. As Christians, we have no problem with kids having fun, but we do include a kid friendly tract, "Jesus junk" and trinkets.



Of course, we decorate the front of the house with cob webs, spiders, orange lights and pumpkins. Speaking of pumpkins, I have NEVER carved a pumpkin in my life. So I went crazy with a carving kit with included patterns and carved TWO pumpkins! The third is pending, as Mrs. WonderDawg didn't want Homer Simpson's face. D'oh!



Last, I recalled seeing years ago on America's Funniest Staged (hit me in the crotch, please!) Home Videos, a practical and creative Halloween prank. Flushed with spur of the moment inspiration, I ran down to the thrift store for some jeans, dug around in the garage for some scrap wood, old shoes and Titans paraphenalia and .... IT"S ALIVE !



Behold my Tennessee Titans Halloween Thug! He doesn't have a name, but he is a bit creepy. Even my two dogs won't get near it probably for fear of getting spit upon. Word gets out fast!



The prank involves taking my Tennessee Titans Halloween Thug out to a couple of neighborhood houses, sit him on the porch, knock and see if anyone fills up his bucket with candy. Should be a Candid Camera moment.

It's Halloween. I'm so easily amused these days. O well, everybody have a safe and fun time!

5 comments:

Kat Coble said...

Fun!!!!

I love the pumpkins and the thug.

ceeelcee said...

Please bring little Pac by the casa de Dry Spot!

Anonymous said...

Oooh...I want to come to the Woo House and get some of those fab tricks and treats.

Rob Robinson said...

Nice outfit, thug! ;) No spitting, please.

Holiday Grinch said...

Ceeelcee says PunkMan is the ultimate Holiday Grinch, I say he's the spittin' image of his Dad! We are both correctamundo.