Saturday, May 06, 2006

It's time to play Oprah or Osteen

OK... it's... time to play Oprah or Osteen, courtesy of The Wittenburg Door and Monday Morning Insight

These quotes were taken either from Joel Osteen's blockbuster bestseller "Your Best Life Now" (and the accompanying study guide) or Marcia Z. Nelson's insightful analysis of Oprah's philosophy in her book, "The Gospel According to Oprah." See if you can guess if the pastor of the largest church in the US or America's favorite guru uttered a particular quote.

1. The first step to living at your full potential is to enlarge your vision.

2. If you develop a vision of victory, success, health, abundance, joy, peace and happiness, nothing on earth will be able to hold these things from you.

3. Live your best life.

4. You must concieve it in your heart and mind before you can receive it.

5. I have been beyond blessed.

6. Every day I pass the front of my house, I sing, "Jesus Loves Me."

7. Thank you. Two words that can make miracles

8. We have to conceive it on the inside before we're ever going to receive it on the outside.

9. Today is the only day we have. We can't do anything about the past, and we don't know what the future holds. But we can live at our full potential right now.

10. The expression of your feelings is like magic.

Answer key found here at Monday Morning Insight

Feel good gospel, eeh?

Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you
(The Good Rev. James Brown)

No comments: