Monday, March 20, 2006

Earl's Guide to Karma



One of my favorite shows is My Name Is Earl - although it takes place in a beer-and-trailer-park world, those in the corporate world could gain from Earl's Guide to Karma... hey, I wouldn't be surprised if a business book came out of this Guide. Yes, simplicity and innocence rules! (and feeling good about yourself rules over how you look in the eyes of others...)

Earl sez:

As I go through life, fixing my mistakes one at a time, I've learned a thing or two about Karma, and part of keeping good Karma is sharing it with others. I hope these notions help you as much as they've helped me.

Do good things and good things will happen to you. Do bad things and it will come back and bite you in the ass.

If you want a better life, you need to be a better person.

Bad luck might be contagious. It wouldn't be fair to bring someone into your life until you clean yours up.

Never underestimate the power of confidence. And never underestimate fifteen beers, a little enlightenment, and the power of Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock.

A person needs a little rest after having his moustache tickled at a gay bar.

You have to do the hard things in life sooner or later.

If you want the reward, you have to do the work.

The secret to life is fixing all the bad things that you've done.

Whether picking up trash, returning stolen merchandise, or helping a homosexual find love, it always has the same reward... feeling good about yourself.

Karma. You got to love it.



Take the Karma Quiz

No comments: