Thursday, February 16, 2006

We all must get stoned...



Such is life - I too have been kidnapped... and brainwashed into a crummy job...

EBennett writes: "Late December I went to a job interview in Atlanta. When I walked into the office, there were also 30 other people in the lobby filling out applications, and we all thought we were going to be interviewing at 10am. This struck me as a little odd, but what the heck. So I filled out my application, and when I got called in, my "interview" was a whole three minutes long. It was this fast talking guy cramming as many words about his company into the three minutes that he could and sending me on my way.

It was a blur. He knew nothing about me except what was on my resume. I had barely said a word. Thirty minutes later I got a call saying that I had been accepted into the second round of interviewing. They said I was great. So personable. Someone they couldn't turn away. Wow I thought."

Read the rest and you will know what I'm talking about. Yes, my bleak moment in life was being deposited in Atlanta where my job was selling signs (when there was an ordinance against the very product we were trying to sell.) I wished I was stoned instead; the pain and humiliation of having this crappy job would be easier to endure.

Photo source

No comments: