Monday, February 20, 2006

I want my MTV - MobiTV that is...



I am absolutely loving my MobiTV - 25 channels of TV right on my Palm Treo650... all unblocked :-)

I'm using an unlimited dataplan via Cingular, so the cost of data is already taken care of after the monthly subscription of $9.99. Handmark offers the best deal - a discounted annual subscription rate.

"MobiTV is the first global multimedia network and technology company targeting the more than 1.6 billion mobile phone users worldwide. MobiTV turns the Palm Treo into a portable TV, allowing users to watch live television right in the palm of their hand. With a wide variety of top channels to choose from, covering news, sports, entertainment, comedy, cartoons, and more, MobiTV subscribers can always find something to watch - anytime, anywhere."

With MSNC, ABCNews I can get breaking news, stay out of the chill with the Weather Channel and indulge myself with FoxSports, TLC, Discovery Channel and nineteen other channels.

However, you're not limited to a Treo phone - MobiTV is support on a variety of phones

I'm also a big fan of Handmark Pocket Express on my Treo 650



"...delivers news, weather, sports, stocks, directories, movies, maps, and more to wireless handsets. The personalized Pocket Express experience is faster than mobile web surfing by orders of magnitude, and the intuitive PageOne interface serves up content with a fraction of the clicks required by mobile web browsing."

I can look up a business, get the address, dump the contact info in my contacts, get a map and dial the number. STRONGER THAN MUSTARD GAS.

I've been hesitant to purchase an iPod, since I'm planted in front of a my iMac or laptop - where I get the bulk of my music listening time. However with the Treo 650, it is quickly becoming the choice device - voice dialing, music, emails, web access, contacts, eBooks, calendar functions and now MobiTV.

Life is sweet!

2 comments:

West Nashville Gringo said...

Kerry,

Just looked up the website for this but sadly MobiTV is not available in Brazil yet. I've been thinking about trading in my LifeDrive for a Treo.

Blog looks great. Haven't commented in a while but I've enjoyed the 100 days so far. Keep up the good work.

Mark

Kerry Woo said...

Hi Mark,

Keep the LifeDrive since you have it - I'm getting one soon myself to accomodate my photos, music and eBooks.

Blessings!