Sunday, January 15, 2006

Day 80 of visiting 100 blogs in 100 days...



Day 80 of visiting 100 blogs in 100 days...

"Your Word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

If you want to be a student of the Bible and adher to a disciplined, yet non legalistic way of delving in God's Word, may I suggest the One Year Bible Blog. This blog is richly illustrated with commentary, photos, illustrations and of course weekly readings.

You can also receive weekly e-mails of commentary, encouragement, and questions for reflection and the cost is FREE.

"We recommend you pick up a Tyndale Publishers "One Year Bible", rather than using a traditional Bible. Simply because the Tyndale version organizes each day's readings for you: OT, NT, Psalms, Proverbs. You don't need to flip around all over a Bible each day finding the daily verses. Also, many people have found the New Living Translation (NLT) to be great for the One Year Bible plan. It is a very refreshing translation to read over the course of a year. However, you can most definitely join us using whichever translation you prefer - NIV, KJV, NKJV, The Message, etc. Again, you can use your own traditional Bible - you'll probably just need 4 bookmarks and it will be easy enough to follow our OT, NT, Psalms, Proverbs reading format each day."

Mike puts this blog together: "I am a Christian. I am not a pastor, nor a Biblical scholar. I simply have found engaging God's Word, the Bible, each day to be absolutely life-changing in my own personal life and for so many others that I talk to. 2006 will be my 4th One Year Bible journey, so I'm learning some things about the Bible as I go."

Reach out faith this year with God's Word!

No comments: