Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Album art for your iTunes



Patrick Moberg has a nifty utility to grab album art for your iTunes collection:

Artie is a service that utilizes Amazon.com's public database of images to retrieve any missing cover art for your iTune's library. Just upload your easy-to-find iTunes Music Library.xml file, wait a second while it analyzes everything, and drag the artwork straight into your running iTunes program. The correct art is found more then 95 percent of the time, however.
Artie

Find my Cover is another service that works well.

Even with my new Apple Mighty Mouse, my right arm took a beating with the right to left movements of placing art into the iTunes window pane. The best method I found is to run Artie (it's a bit slow, though looking up 458 titles is quite a task) is to sort your iTunes listing by album and then do a lookup using Find My Cover for the bulk title listings. Artie comes in handy for the odd one-sies title.

However on my PC, MusicMatch is a delight as it looks up all the titles and artwork using the MusicMatch Plus feature.

No comments: