Thursday, December 08, 2005

View from I 40 heading west



Traveling west on I-40 just past the West End exit here in Nashville, I always see three contemporary houses peeking out over the interstate. Curious, I'm told several developers are building these contemporary homes on a high ridge in Sylvan Park border by interstate 40, Charlotte Pike and 37th Avenue. The home pictured above, I understand will go in a private auction for approx. $200 per sq. foot, pegging the estimated list price at .75 million. (In Sylvan Park?)

The view of downtown Nashville is beautiful from the front porch:

Posted by Picasa

I'm fascinated by contemporary homes, but some look LEGOish and the ones I've seen on HGTV kinda remind me of upscale advertising agencies. On the plus side, lots of cabinets and walls to hang pictures; just not sure I can live without the warmth of wood trim and floors.

No comments: