Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The new Apple iWipe



What is it about Apple products that users come up with the most creative uses for its products? Surely the DNA of Creativity is built into every product! After seeing this former MacSE case transformed by Shawn Morton, I'm compelled to take my 2 old yellowed Mac 128 cases and create a tissue paper dispenser! Something this exotic shouldn't be sitting on a floor. It won't be long before we see some iMacs transformed into household items.

Sez Shawn: One of my co-workers was giving away and old Atari 800XL and Macintosh SE case. He had been planning to do a mini-ITX project, but had never gotten around to it. Always wanting an excuse to tinker with something, I decided to take them off of his hands.

Well, as soon as I saw the Mac SE case, I realized that this one had the most potential. So this weekend, I bought a few things at Home Depot and got started making my Apple-powered, wireless, portable toilet paper dispenser -- the iWipe.

The whole project took a couple of hours and cost about $15.


Get the step by step instructions here!

No comments: