Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Day 52 of visiting 100 blogs in 100 days

Posted by Picasa

Day 52 of visiting 100 blogs in 100 days...

SHLOG, a blog by Shaun Groves is one that I've been reading for a while. It's stark only becuase I sense that there is a bit of angst in Shaun - the conflict / rub comes up against the everything is rosy for Christian artists singing about Jesus. But the demands of Contemporary Christian Music expectations, the rigors of touring and proclaiming the Gospel in song don't often sync up in perfect order.

I get more out of the comments when Shaun defends the Gospel in a thoughtful, prayerful way for example when writing about an recent entry - "University Baptist Church in Waco, Texas lost a pastor and friend today. Kyle Lake, father of three, died this morning baptizing in UBC's morning service, welcoming people into the Kingdom of Heaven."

In the midst of his pain, Shaun takes on a confrontation with an atheist with grace...

I'm not saying this because I believe in just a few sentences I can convinceyou that God exists, something you've decided over much time not to be true.

How naive would that be? I say all this to you because there might be other people reading this who think, "Yea, I'm with Alan, God's a jerk and I'd rather justnot deal with Him." I feel that way some days too. But if my opinion of Godcreated or killed Him in this way then I'd be God wouldn't I? God is still God even on days like today when I don't get or fully appreciate Him at all times. This tragedy hasn't changed Him in the least.

His official website describes Shaun Groves as one who: "defies typical expectations and simple labels. He is an insightful songwriter, one who displays such incredible lyrical prowess that his musical peers nominated him for Songwriter of the Year solely on the strength of his 2001 debut. He’s also a solid on-stage performer as the lanky Texas native can hold his own whether standing solo before a college crowd or fronting his band at a youth event or festival. And to listen to Shaun Groves’ music showcases a complete and talented artist in full bloom, constantly reaching for excellence."

I think Shaun is the real deal - Read his sage advice to indie artists why you don't need _______. (I'll let you surf for it). One answer is: They don’t love your family, friends and church as much as you should.

Read his blog.. it's hard on the eyeballs with the black background, but rich in heartfelt truth.

Bless you Shaun. You're an inspiration.

No comments: