Monday, October 31, 2005

Day 46 of 100 blogs in 100 days


Day 46 of visiting 100 blogs in 100 days -

Peeling Wallpaper authored by Jack McGeehin is the one of the most creative, wittiest blogs that I have run across in my quest to visit 100 blogs in 100 days! Especially the musical themes - I've posted in its entirety his post from October 10 - Maggie May calls it quits and from July 19 - Millions and millions - Spill the wine and write that blog.

The stories he tells absolutely crack me up! Jack would probably be the perfect guy to hold court in some tavern with a bunch of guys sitting around enjoying the bizarre, yet believable stuff; "O yeah, o yeah - that's happen to me too - but go ahead tell us your version!"

But Jack makes a bit of a confession -

In the name of fiction I tell a lot of lies here at this blog. I also write some truthful stories. But it’s not always easy to tell the facts from fiction. I suspect that some people believe the made-up stuff I write and other people doubt the true accounts. The former doesn’t bother me much, but the fact that some people don’t believe me, even when I’m telling the truth, is troubling. I wish you could have seen the deer couch or the clowns driving cars, but you didn’t, so I just have to live with the fact that a lot of you read these stories and shake your heads, thinking, “Oh that Jack.”
If you're overdosing from whose right, whose wrong and who doesn't care at all blogs, then this blog is definitely for you. Despite Peeling Wallpaper's byline, you will learn to lighten up and laugh a little - exactly what I need these days!

No comments: