Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Day 44 of 100 blogs in 100 days


Day 44 of visiting 100 blogs in 100 days...

Here's a fun, humourous, quirky, yet full of faith blog - The Wilderness: Random glimpses of one pilgrim's progress

There's a good mix of devotional materials, observations on life and most of all, this blog proves that Christians are not perfect, but also we can be just fun loving creatures! Clint does a great job on this blog - nothing heavy or deep theological stuff that rearranges brain cells - instead, he chronicles his faith walk -

Every journey has a beginning. Mine began many years ago in a large urban church. The preacher had come to the end of his message. The altar call was being made. I responded. So began my salvation.

Looking back at how quickly the years pass, it seems that salvation could have been yesterday. If you would observe my 'Christian walk,' you might believe that salvation had comeonly yesterday. This journey has been one of fits and starts; of pressing on and turning back; of clear direction and misguided wanderings. Yet even today I will search for Light and press toward Him.

This forum is begun in an effort to document this pilgrim's wanderings. Perhaps with these journal entries I will gain a clearer perspective of the journey. By God’s grace others might read these words and know that they are not alone in their own wilderness.

We are all on a journey. There is a final destination awaiting everyone. Some are heading forward, in full awareness of what lies ahead. Others are running away in reckless abandon. I have done both.

For now I move forward into the unknown with the simple comfort of One who is known. Today I continue this path.

Today I press on.

No comments: