Saturday, October 29, 2005

Be A More Productive Blogger


D. Keith Robinson whose excellent blog, TO DONE that I featured on Day 40 of visiting 100 blogs in 100 days, has an oldie but goodie with thirteen tips on how to Be A More Productive Blogger . We all need a refresher! It's easy to get out of the groove!

Keith's few quick tips that might help are:

(1) Set aside time for writing (or podcasting, etc.) and stick to it. Sounds simple, but life (and work) has a way of intruding on these times. You need to hold on to your creative times at all costs!

(2) Create (and stick to) a publishing schedule. I used to do this quite a bit when I was first getting started. It really helped keep me on track and motivated. Now I’ve got a loose schedule I use, but there are times when I try and plan out something more solid to help make sure I don’t fall too far behind.

(3) Keep an Idea Journal. I’ve taken to having one by my bed, one on my person and if all that fails, I’ve got idea pages set up in Backpack. You never know when you’ll need a good idea!

Read on for ten more suggestions!

Picture source

No comments: