Friday, September 30, 2005

Day 30 of 100 blogs in 100 days


Day 30 of visiting 100 blogs in 100 days...

Deep Thought, Shallow Ideas, and Random Ramblings is a blog that I have a special interest in...

While I was in North Carolina, I grew to embrace blogging for a variety of reasons: primarily as a tool to redeem my time when I did the monthly commute back and forth to Nashville from Chapel Hill; as a backdoor way to learn HTML and journal a bit about positive things in life. I later met up with other bloggers under the leadership of Anton Zuiker who is passionate about networking bloggers in N.C.

I would be remiss not to mention my initial influence of my blog parents Michael Ashby and Mike Rohde whose blogs I read often, that gave me the impetus to start a blog for the reasons mentioned.

At newHope Church, we were encourage to be a part of a small group or start one depending on whatever was of interest to connect with others... BLOG HEAVEN was the name of my small group -

BLOG HEAVEN! Calling all fellow bloggers! If you are interested in writing, journalism, photography, blogging, have a blog or don't know what it is, *** then this is the small group for you! Blogging - another way to use technology for God's glory! For more information on this new small group, please contact Kerry Woo at wonderdawg@gmail.com

*** and want to hang out with geek wannabes without the geekness, this is the small group for you! (PC or laptop required; thick glasses not required).

Christy was one who showed an interest; while the group was short lived as I moved back to Nashville, Christy had the oomph to try her hand at it. In her blog, she always has a analogy or a parable mixing in her love for Scripture in God's Word with life's experiences. Must be the school teacher in her. Blogging is a great way to express thyself and in this case, hone some writing skills and tell some stories along the way that inspire and speak life - Way to go girl! Keep blogging!

Deep Thought, Shallow Ideas, and Random Ramblings is tangible proof that demonstrates that we can excel at anything by taking that first baby step and having some encouragement along the way - and for as for this blog, Go with God, for great is His faithfulness...

Picture source

No comments: