Monday, September 26, 2005

Day 26 of 100 blogs in 100 days


(c) Forkum 2003

A day in the life.. Day 26 of visiting 100 blogs in 100 days –

Today is one of those bizarre days where there was a lot of activity but very little accomplishment… Yes I got my Tetanus and Hepatitis A shots so I stand officially ready to go to Louisiana to wade in the water to help where I can… a few phone calls here and there... the dreaded Windows XP blue screen of death – that killed off several blog postings… grr…

So I push away from the computer and try watching / reading the news which doesn’t help, as I can’t make sense of Iraq, the IRA, my IRA, Israel, the Gaza Strip and even what to have for supper.

Then the song, A Day In The Life (how bizarre is the timing) by the Beatles plays in the background on my stereo…

I read the news today oh boy
Four thousand holes in blackburn, lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all,
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the albert hall.
I’d love to turn you on...

…to Cox & Forkum Editorial Cartoons as my blog for the day – I need visual aids today… Allen Forkum writes the cartoons and John Cox illustrates them. They started creating gag cartoons in 1990 and in August 2001 decided to try their hands at editorial cartoons.

Surprising, this blog works for me today -

No comments: