Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Day 20 of 100 blogs in 100 days


Since Blogger's servers were down last night, I had trouble posting my entry for day 20 of visiting 100 blogs in 100 days - but I am dogged and determined to do so - although staying away from blogs that are link farms, heavy on fingerpointing or use of foul language makes the task daunting at times! In my favorites folder, there are links to 100 plus blogs - using my above criteria, the 80/20 principle is at work -

Nonetheless, I visited a quirky, humor, I- love-life, proud to be a Canadian blog by Queen Victoria Elizabeth i.e. The Quipping Queen: "'The Quipping Queen' is devoted to merry musings about the little things in life, the universe and everything in between that make one chortle, giggle or laugh out loud."

I'm not really sure how to describe the Quipping Queen's and her courtyard of merry jesters, and the royal family that contribute postings; other than to say it's a smorgasbord of high brow humor, witty use of words, nice illustrations, play on words, sage advice on life in Canada...but I like it. As a bonus, the Quipping Queen also publishes THE WORDORIUM - A Dictionary of Daffy Definitions, a boisterous blog of ballyhoo, bosh and bravado.

Before I forget, the Quipping Queen reminds us that today, September 21 is: Bat Woman, Bionic Woman & Xena Warrior Day (What would the world be without these indefatigable feisty feline fighters for freedom from kitchen duties if you please!)

Her motto? Be true to yourself and laugh a little every day. Remember the old adage, "Behind every wet blanket lies an incontinent universe". So, if you missed a ride on Noah's Ark, you can always count on a politician, preacher, pundit, or public relations professional to have a bumbershoot, a pair of hip waders, plus a genie in a bottle hiding somewhere in their magic bag of goodies.

No comments: