Monday, August 22, 2005

Take less in order to give more


Sarah McLachlan Posted by Picasa

Sarah McLachlan's music video for "World on Fire" deeply moved me having just stumbled upon it - I think often about the plight of the poor, and the reality of the things we covet here in America.

When an artist like Sarah uses a musical platform to make a difference in the lives of many, [by taking the average cost of a music video -- $150,000 -- and donating the funds in kind to sustainable-development charities in Africa] then I'm prompted as well to join in.

Strip the politics out; just be radical in generosity - Many people dream of a cure for cancer in this lifetime; I want to see poverty eliminated... As Sarah sings - take less in order to give more -

World On Fire
The worlds on fire - it's more than I can handle
I'll tap into the water try and bring my share
Try to bring more, more then I can handle
Bring it to the table
Bring what I am able

We part the veil on our killer sun
Stray from the straight line on this short run
The more we take the less we become
The fortune of one man means less for some



Sarah McLachlan site
list of charities donated to...

No comments: