Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Batman Begins

Last night, at Barnes & Nobles, I ran across a Premiere Magazine article re: the new Batman movie. "Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight's emergence as a force for good in Gotham."

Of course, my first reaction was "what does the new Batmobile look like?" Well I ran across these two sites:


1996 Batmobile Posted by Hello

Here's the definitive site for information, background and photos of the 1966 Batmobile from the TV show.

Here's a very interesting saga of Mark Shields' Batmobile replica -- "A brought-back-from-the-dead 1978 Corvette."


Rescued from the dead Batmobile Posted by Hello

Q: Will you sell me this car?
A: No. Well... I'll sell it for 50K cash. You provide transport costs over the $50,000.00 US Dollars price and I'll go get the title out of the bat vault.

2 comments:

David Stehle said...

Ah, that car brings back memories. My father had an old black Vette. I can't remember the exact year of it, but I want to say it was a '76. It had those great exhaust pipes down the side, along underneath the doors. I remember being little and getting out of the car and being very carefull not to touch my legs on them - super hot.

Kerry Woo said...

There's something compelling about about old muscle cars! Being a kid, Corvettes were head turners as well as Dodge Chargers, Plymouth Barrcudas with 440 Hemis, Pontiac GTOs and Chevy Camaros. My older brother was a Corvette aficionado - he drove a new one every year. As for myself, I was a 1966 Mustang fan.